Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Alternate Madness Theme - Shoulder(s)
09-27-2019, 09:27 AM
Alternate Madness Theme - Shoulder(s)
Current Contest - Alternate Madness Theme - Shoulder(s) - Animal, human or even he side of a road will do. Your interpretation is always welcomed! Remember, Alternate Madness Theme are just for fun - no prizes other than the admiration of your B&W compatriots.

The contest starts Sunday, September 1, 2019 at 00:00:01, local time and runs through Monday, September 30, 2019 at 23:59:59, local time.

Don't have a theme-appropriate shot? No problem. Non-theme images are welcome anytime.

just a informal shoulder portrait, enjoy

.jpg  0664c.jpg (Size: 89.19 KB / Downloads: 13)

Gerard Buckleman, Owner
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-28-2019, 12:00 AM
RE: Alternate Madness Theme - Shoulder(s)
This pose speaks to me of intimate trust. A beautiful model who is quite literally comfortable in her own skin. That's the 'story' I get from this image.

Technically, the tones and lighting are perfect for this shot with good shadow and highlight details. The focus on her eyes is tack sharp with defined catch-lights, while the DoF is perfect where the tips of her long hair fade slightly. For an informal portrait, there's a lot to like here!
Find all posts by this user
09-30-2019, 06:10 PM
RE: Alternate Madness Theme - Shoulder(s)
Thanks for the compliment Barry.. This is shot with a Canon D30(thank goodness for exif info(I miss developing film)).. I have photographed this model for several years...Like you I am an enthusiast and not a professional photographer(although I have been published worldwide without being paid). The eyes, that is what I have leaned to focus on and the rest falls into place. The lighting...I used monolights, a vivatar 285 flash, to capture this shot. Thanks again Barry...

(09-28-2019 12:00 AM)fo-tik Wrote:  This pose speaks to me of intimate trust. A beautiful model who is quite literally comfortable in her own skin. That's the 'story' I get from this image.

Technically, the tones and lighting are perfect for this shot with good shadow and highlight details. The focus on her eyes is tack sharp with defined catch-lights, while the DoF is perfect where the tips of her long hair fade slightly. For an informal portrait, there's a lot to like here!

Gerard Buckleman, Owner
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user